Track and Field Information
Updates for last few weeks:
- There will be no make-up date for the Westland Franklin meet rain out.
- Next Monday’s May 23rd meet will probably start a little later than 4pm, due to the fact that Walnut Creek has to travel from Walled Lake.
- The city meet will be held at Livonia Stevenson high school on Tuesday, May 31st.
- Track party will be Friday June 3rd
- No practice Friday May 27th
Track sign ups will be Thursday March 17th at all 3 lunches.
Information will be passed out about track season then.
You must have a physical exam form on file in the Athletic Office in order to participate.
First Day of Practice - Monday, April 4, immediately after school.
Boys in the West gym. Girls meet in the East gym.
There will be one boys team (approx. 80 players).
There will be one girls team (approx. 80 players).
All practices begin directly after school, and run until 4:30 every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. (There are no practices on days when school is not in session).
We will try to start all meets at 3:45.
All athletes will ride the bus to all meets. If your child can not ride the bus home with the team due to a prior commitment, please notify the coach beforehand, as well as sign in with the coach when you take your child from the meet.
You must have rides ready for pick up at 4:45 on practice days and immediately after meets (approx. 6:30. Please be advised that this time is an estimate, times will vary due to traffic, meet length, location, etc...) Late pick ups may result in removal from the team.
List of Available Events to Participate In
Field: Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put
Sprints: 70 M, 100 M, 200 M, 400 M
Distance: 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
Hurdles: 55 M, 200 M
Relays: 400 M, 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M