Skip To Main Content

Work Permits

Work Permits for Holmes Students

Minors in the State of Michigan who wish to work must first complete a work permit. This work permit must be completed by the employer, the worker, and then verified by the Superintendent’s designee.  The work permit, once signed, is to be kept with the employer for as long as the minor works.

Work Permit Process

  • The student can pick up a work permit in the Holmes Counseling office between 7:30-11:30am during the school year (or print on PINK paper, using the downloadable file below).  Our students can obtain a work permit from any of the Livonia High Schools or the Career Technical Center during the summer when the Holmes Counseling Office is closed.
  • All students must have their employer complete the middle portion of the form, which includes a job description, location of the business, hours to work, and a signature.
  • The minor must apply in person in order for a work permit to be issued.  Since the students are the workers, the students must be present to be issued the work permit.  No exception can be made to this State of Michigan requirement.

Issued work permits must be on the premise before a minor can start to work.

Please CLICK HERE for more information from the State of Michigan regarding work permits.

DOWNLOAD A CA-6 WORK PERMIT for minors under 16 years of age.  Must be printed on PINK paper.